Crossflow & Pre-Crossflow
High torque starter motor to fit Ford pre-cross & cross flow engines (fitted with 110 tooth ring gear). These engines were first fitted to 107E Prefect and Anglia (from 1959), Mk1 and some Mk2 Cortinas, Corsairs, Capris & Classics and were originally fitted with a Lucas LRS102 starter having either a 9 or 10 tooth pinion.
Due to these two different pinions, a choice is available for the high torque replacement. Both units have a multi-hole mounting plate to offer different fitting orientations.
- Power 1.4kW
- Starter Weight 4.0kg
- 9 teeth or 10 teeth, 29mm diameter pinion
- 3.5" (89mm) spigot diameter, 4.5" (114.3mm) bolt hole centre distance
- Works on both negative and positive earth vehicles
- Manufactured by WOSP Performance
- Supplied with terminal fitting kit
- 3 year guarantee
- Free UK mainland carriage
A smaller/lightweight version of this unit is also available (LMS269), which should be the starter chosen for Mk1 and Mk2 Cortinas, and also Mk 1 Mexico's, as there are space is limited in these applications. These however are only available with a 9 tooth pinion.